Winter is just around the corner, and I’m already dreaming of carving up some fresh powder on the slopes … I hope you are too. In case you are wondering about getting to and staying in Telluride this winter, I’ve answered some frequently asked questions for you below.
If a trip to Telluride is on your agenda this winter, reach out and let me know if you’d like to look at properties while you’re here.
Will The Telluride Ski Resort Be Open for Winter 2020 – 2021?
YES! Opening day is scheduled for November 26th, 2020.
Season passes, lift tickets, and ski school/private lessons are now available for advanced reservation and purchase online (same day purchases will not be available). On-mountain restaurants will be operating with limited seating indoors, to-go options will be offered and outdoor seating will be increased where possible. Masks will be required indoors & outdoors where 6ft distancing can’t be achieved. See more details on Telluride Ski Resort’s website.
Are Telluride Vacation Rentals Available During the Winter?
YES! Telluride is currently operating at 75% occupancy for rentals and lodging. Due to increased demand and limited availability, winter rentals are going to be challenging to find. Please reach out if you would like any help – I’m glad to point you in the right direction and offer any insight that I can.
What Activities Besides Skiing in Telluride Will There Be To Do This Winter?
Smaller, more intimate experiences will be happening this winter. Here are a few of my recommendations:
- One of the most unique experiences around, a horse-drawn sleigh ride with private dinner, offered by Telluride Sleighs & Wagons.
- Take a private snowmobile tour through the majestic San Juan Mountains with Telluride Outside.
- Gather your family and your skates for some fun at the ice rink. Head to the Hanley Indoor Rink in Town or to Reflection Plaza by the Hotel Madeline in Mountain Village.
- Take some time to pamper yourself, it’s been a rough year. Revive your spirit in the salt cave at Pure Beauty and Wellness.
- Schedule a private wine and delectable pairing class with Top Chef Eliza Gavin.
Most of these activities require pre-registration to comply with covid-safe procedures, so the sooner you book the better.
Did All The Best Telluride Properties Sell This Summer?
The Telluride Real Estate Market has experienced record-breaking sales through the 3rd Quarter of 2020, with San Miguel County’s sales dollar volume up 94% year-to-date (Read Telluride Properties 2020 3rd quarter market report). Inventory in certain market segments has seen significant absorption, but new properties continue to hit the market every day. If you are looking to buy a home in Telluride, it has never been more important to stay on top of the market.