7 Reasons to Choose Telluride, Colorado
1. Dramatic Scenery
Telluride is situated in a remarkable and unusual natural setting, surrounded by the largest concentration of 14,000-foot mountains in North America and numerous waterfalls including Colorado’s longest waterfall, Bridal Veil Falls, at 365 feet.
2. Strong School System
The Telluride School District has consistently been rated a top school district in the state of Colorado and personnel from the school system have been bestowed top state honors. In addition, the town’s library has been voted a five-star quality designation – just one of three in Colorado by a national library association.
3. The Festivals
4. Natural Attractions
5. Elbow Room
About 66% of all land in San Miguel County is open space and the remaining 34% is in a handful of subdivisions with some of the development forever limited through land conservation easements which eliminate or significantly reduce density. This creates strong demand and limited supply for Telluride Real Estate.
Because of the topography and box canyon surrounded by National Forest along with the creation of open space along the valley floor west of the Town of Telluride, there will never be a sprawl of cookie cutter malls and buildings. The quaint nature is preserved forever.
6. Small Town Setting
The closest traffic light is 40 miles away and the closest major cities are 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours away. Yet, there are nonstop flights from 11 major hubs during the winter months, and nonstop service from 5 hubs during summer.